Skyland Analytics seeking a Sr. Software Quality Assurance Specialist to join its growing Boulder-based startup that provides cloud-based, SaaS data management and analytics solutions for the life science industry.
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Type: Full Time
Location: Niwot, Colorado
Job Function: Software Quality Assurance
Purpose & Scope: This position will be responsible for automated and manual testing of Skyland applications as well as related Quality Management System procedures.
Organizational Context: This person reports to the Sr. Director, Quality
- Develop the test rationale and test plan for assigned software product Epics/Stories.He/she will develop and gain consensus for an approved plan by working with the product team.
- Author automated and/or manual tests for software features. Related activities:
- Review unit and integration test results
- Perform white box, black box, and regression testing
- Create manual and automated tests
- Set up and maintain test data and databases
- Software performance characterization
- Participate in all phases of software change process:
- Identify defects in the software through testing
- Document defect reports and enhancement requests in the change tracking system (JIRA)
- Work with developers to identify and debug problems that are found
- Work with software development personnel to coordinate testing and implementation of modified source code
- Software Development Life Cycle support– The Sr. QA Specialistwill participate in all stages of the SDLC. He/she will attend design reviews and other reviews, walkthroughs and inspections, and provide feedback to help make the reviews more effective.
- Self-directed problem solver
- Familiar with computer software configuration, operation and testing, with an emphasis on automated testing
- Ability to express technical concepts clearly in both verbal and written form
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel
- Experience with Ruby/Rails and PostgreSQL a plus
- Four years of experience in computer-based testing, including experience in Microsoft and Apple OS operating systems environment
- Experience working in an ISO certified and/or FDA regulated environment a plus
- At least two years of college; four-year degree is preferred. Specific QA work experience may substitute for years of education
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses equipment such as computers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This is largely a sedentary role.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Additional hours as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skyland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.