Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains the personal data Skyland Analytics’ processes, how Skyland processes it, and for what purposes.
Skyland offers a range of services and software as a service.
Please read the product-specific details in this privacy statement, which provide additional relevant information. This statement applies to Skyland’s interactions with you and the Skyland’s products listed below.
Personal Data We Collect
Skyland collects data from you, through our interactions with you, your interactions with our site, and through our products. You provide some of this data directly, and we get some of it by collecting data about your interactions, use and experiences with our products. The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Skyland and the choices you make, including your privacy settings and the products and features you use. We also obtain data about you from third parties. We collect data such as: First name, last name, email address, company name, work mailing address, job title and areas of interest in our products.
You have choices when it comes to the technology you use and the data you share. When we ask you to provide personal data, you can decline. Many of our products require some personal data to provide you with a service. If you choose not to provide data necessary to provide you with a product or feature, you cannot use that product or feature. Likewise, where we need to collect personal data by law or to enter into or carry out a contract with you, and you do not provide the data, we will not be able to enter into the contract; or if this relates to an existing product you’re using, we may have to suspend or cancel it. We will notify you if this is the case at the time. Where providing the data is optional, and you choose not to share personal data, features like personalization that use such data will not work for you.
How We Use Personal Data
Skyland uses the data we collect to provide you rich, interactive experiences. In particular, we use data to:
- Improve and develop our products;
- Personalize our products and make recommendations; and
- Advertise and market to you, which includes sending promotional communications, targeting advertising, and presenting you relevant offers.
We also use the data to operate our business, which includes analyzing our performance and doing research.
In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect from different contexts or obtain from third parties to give you a more seamless, consistent, and personalized experience, to make informed business decisions, and for other legitimate purposes.
Sharing Personal Data
We do not share your personal data with any third-parties or affiliates.
How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
You can make choices about Skyland’s collection and use of your data. You can control your personal data that Skyland has obtained, and exercise your data protection rights, by contacting Skyland. How you can access or control your personal data will depend on which products you use. For example, you can:
- Control the use of your data for interest-based advertising from Skyland by opting out of email communication or asking us to remove your information from our databases.
Cookies & Similar Technologies
Products Provided by Your Organization–Notice to End Users
If you use an email address provided by an organization you are affiliated with, such as an employer, to access Skyland products, that organization can:
- control and administer your Skyland product account; and
- access and process your data, including the contents of your communications and files, associated with your Skyland product accounts.
If you lose access to your work account (in event of change of employment, for example), you may lose access to products and the content associated with those products, including those you acquired on your own behalf, if you used your work account to sign into such products.
Many Skyland products are intended for use by organizations. If your organization provides you access to Skyland products your use of the Skyland products is subject to your organization’s policies, if any. You should direct your privacy inquiries, including any requests to exercise your data protection rights, to your organization’s administrator. Skyland is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of our customers, which may differ from those set forth in this privacy statement.
Product and service specific details:
Skyland products and services are offered to and designed primarily for use by organizations and developers. They include:
- Cloud services, such as “Skyland PIMS™”.
- Professional services, such as “Manufacturing Informatics” services, “Manufacturing Risk Management” services and “Discoverant® services”.
In the event of a conflict between this Skyland privacy statement and the terms of any agreement(s) between a customer and Skyland for Products and Services, the terms of those agreement(s) will control.
If any of the terms below are not defined in this Privacy Statement, they have the definitions below.
General. When a customer tries, purchases, uses, or subscribes to our products or services or obtains support for or professional services with such products, Skyland collects data to provide the service, including uses compatible with providing the service, provide the best experiences with our products, operate our business, and communicate with the customer. For example:
- When a customer engages with a Skyland sales representative, we collect the customer’s name and contact data, along with information about the customer’s organization, to support that engagement.
- When a customer interacts with a Skyland support professional, we collect device and usage data or error reports to diagnose and resolve problems.
- When a customer pays for products, we collect contact and payment data to process the payment.
- When we send a customer communication from Skyland, we use data to personalize the content of the communication.
- When a customer engages with Skyland for professional services, we collect the name and contact data of the customer’s designated point of contact and use information provided by the customer to perform the services that the customer has requested.